FINOURNE is a product-centric organisation, placing this Product Manager role at the heart of the evolution of our company. A Product Manager at FINBOURNE is responsible for the realisation of the business strategy and vision through the delivery of the product roadmap.
Job title: Product Manager
Location: London, UK
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience.
In this role, you will work within our experienced product team to develop and execute on our product vision.
This role is cross-functional – you will work closely with internal teams including Engineering, Operations and Sales and external clients and vendors to assess new opportunities, create business cases, co-ordinate design / implementation efforts and bring new platform capabilities to clients. You will proactively identify and resolve strategic and tactical issues and provide leadership across teams to deliver.
Other key responsibilities include technical engagement with engineers to design, resolve and plan; prioritisation of the product roadmap, which sits at the heart of company development; and control of the release process, ensuring all our products are built to the highest standards of quality and reliability.
Key objectives for this role include:
- Start with the client and work backwards to define your product vision and client needs.
- Innovate and develop friction-free products that solve problems for FINBOURNE clients.
- Manage business initiatives from conception through launch in conjunction with cross-functional teams including engineering, operations, sales, marketing and finance.
- Be the end-to-end owner of product features – developing business cases, identifying the FINBOURNE value proposition, define the client experience, build out the product requirements, launch plan and see the business through launch and client adoption.
- Define key product performance indicators (KPIs), as well as release-specific success metrics to enhance client experience and optimise the product.
- Feed back into the pricing strategy and overall business direction.
- Provide product updates and strategic input for Exco, the board and investors as required.
What skills, experience and qualifications we require:
- A degree in finance, economics, computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3 years + experience in areas such as product management, management consulting, financial services, technology or research firms.
- Knowledge of Excel, basic SQL querying tools and other data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau / PowerBI). A programming language would be useful but is not necessary
- Robust quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Excellent attention to detail, and good business acumen.
FINBOURNE Technology was founded in 2016 with the mission to reduce the cost of investing and increase transparency for everyone.
Seven of us started on this journey and we have now grown to more than 90 people. Our intention is to change the way the world of financial services operates with a series of products, the first of which is LUSID - our open, cloud-based investment data platform. LUSID is for everyone in the asset management industry from start-up fund managers to global investment institutions and combines best-practice from the B2C technology world and own our domain expertise to challenge established orthodoxy on how a platform should operate, what it should provide a solution for, and how you should access it.
LUSID is just the start; we are adding a data virtualisation product and looking into spinning out our entitlements, research and event sourcing processes. To help us, we’re looking for talented and creative problem solvers to join our team. We think it’s a pretty exciting place to be right now and we’re always looking for passionate, innovative people to join us on our journey.
Life at FINBOURNE
Working at FINBOURNE is fast paced and exciting. The most important qualities we look for are a hunger to learn, passion for quality and a willingness to take the time to collaborate, teach and learn from colleagues.
- During your first three months with us, we encourage you and your manager to agree a 90 day plan to document your training and induction. This will give you clear objectives and ensures you’re provided with support in the areas that you require it the most.
- You’ll also have regular meetings with your manager and should expect to receive regular feedback from them.
- We run daily team stand ups so you’ll quickly get up to speed on what your colleagues are working on and be able to share your accomplishments and challenges with your team.
- We host monthly company-wide meetings where you’ll receive regular business updates and insight into our strategy.
- We host knowledge sharing sessions where employees share best practice and new ways of working. These range from fortnightly Q&A sessions about the finance industry to our weekly code craft club.
- Performance related pay: Financial rewards which can include a direct route to a financial stake in the company via our discretionary Stock Options scheme
- Pension Scheme: We offer a choice of pension schemes with employer contributions
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave: Paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave which includes 13 weeks of full pay for maternity and adoption leave and 6 weeks full pay for paternity leave
- Holiday: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme: Buy a bike and cycling accessories out of your pre-tax salary and spread the cost of over 12 months
- Flexible and remote working: We have a mature attitude towards flexible and remote working. Whether you’re a night owl, morning person, parent, carer or simply need flexibility to work a different pattern to the norm, we’re committed to helping you be productive and work in a way that is best for you
- Learning and training: We run regular internal training sessions on a wide variety of topics. These range from fortnightly Q&A sessions on the finance industry to our weekly code craft club. We also encourage employees to tailor their own development by making use of online learning tools and courses to supplement on the job training.
- Regular company-wide socials: Before lockdown last year, team and company-wide socials happened regularly. These ranged from bowling trips, visits to the science museum, company-wide breakfasts and ski holidays. We hope to resume all of that shortly! Since lockdown we have continued to run social events including online gaming tournaments, quizzes and weekly one to one virtual catch-ups to keep everyone connected!
FINBOURNE Technology is a Skilled Worker sponsor and we can support candidates requiring work permission if appropriate.
For more information about us please visit our website.