We are a young, dynamic financial technology company aiming to re-engineer the world of investing to make it clearer, faster and more cost effective for everyone.
We are looking for our future architects, engineers and ultimately leaders to join us on this journey.
At FINBOURNE, we offer a hugely supportive environment to build a career, with continuous learning and development opportunities. We have a collaborative culture of testing and exploring problems together to find the best evidence-based solutions. We respect your independent thought, your intellectual curiosity and your opinion.
FINBOURNE Technology is a Skilled Worker sponsor and we can support candidates requiring work permission if appropriate.
For more information about our culture, career development and the benefits we offer our employees, please visit our website: www.finbourne.com.
As part of the research team, you will be responsible for building out our new analytics libraries and platform, expanding product coverage and developing a full suite of tools to support efficient pricing, calculation of risk and behaviour analysis for large portfolios of instruments.
This includes working on a task engine for orchestrating the interaction of bitemporal databases, internal and external pricing libraries sharing a common API, as well as integrating multiple sources of data to provide an aggregated understanding of the portfolio at any point in time to support views on cashflows, risk, performance-over-time and other analysis.
Separately, we are building out our own suite of analytics to support various pricing approaches from IFRS to Risk-Neutrality for ultimately the full range of asset classes in a unified framework.
What skills, experience and qualifications we require:
- Masters/PhD in a STEM subject
- 5+ years’ experience working in a role as a quantitative analyst or developer in a Tier 1 investment bank, hedge fund or similar
- Excellent C++ or C# experience.
- Knowledge of distributed systems would be valuable. Experience with AWS, Kubernetes and Docker would be a positive addition.
- Knowledge of risk-neutral pricing methodology is desirable; such as LMM, HW, HJM, Markov, SABR
- Familiarity with more than one asset class, particularly credit, interest rates and FX.
- Some knowledge of IFRS and alternate pricing methodologies would be useful in addition.
Life at FINBOURNE
Working at FINBOURNE is fast paced and exciting. The most important qualities we look for are a hunger to learn, passion for quality and a willingness to take the time to collaborate, teach and learn from colleagues.
- During your first three months with us, we encourage you and your manager to agree a 90-day plan to document your training and induction. This will give you clear objectives and ensures you’re provided with support in the areas that you require it the most.
- You’ll also have regular meetings with your manager and should expect to receive regular feedback from them.
- We run daily team standups, so you’ll quickly get up to speed on what your colleagues are working on and be able to share your accomplishments and challenges with your team.
- We host monthly company-wide meetings where you’ll receive regular business updates and insight into our strategy.
- We host knowledge sharing sessions where employees share best practice and new ways of working. These range from fortnightly Q&A sessions about the finance industry to our weekly code craft club.
- We support a hybrid working model as appropriate for the role. This means preferring in person contact for meetings, management and mentoring but days at home for individual work such as coding or analysis.
- Pension: A great pension scheme – with a 4% employer contribution
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave: Paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave, which includes 13 weeks full pay for maternity and adoption leave and 6 weeks full pay for paternity leave
- Cycle to work scheme: Buy a bike and cycling accessories, spreading the cost over 12 months tax free.
- Stock options: A direct route to a financial stake in the company via our discretionary Options Scheme
- Holiday: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible and remote working: We have a mature attitude towards flexible and remote working. Whether you’re a night owl, morning person, parent, carer or simply need flexibility to work a different pattern to the norm, we’re committed to exploring new ways of working
- Learning and training: We run regular internal training sessions on a wide variety of topics
- Volunteering: All staff are encouraged to participate in volunteering activities in the local community
- Regular company-wide socials: FINBOURNE team and company-wide socials happened regularly pre-pandemic and will resume as restrictions ease; they included a wide range of things from smaller group trips to Bletchley Park and gaming at the Science Museum to table-tennis and skiing to company-wide breakfasts.
FINBOURNE Technology is a Tier 2 General sponsor, and we can support candidates requiring work permission if appropriate.
For more information about us please visit our website.