As we continue to grow our business, we are looking to expand our Finance Team with an enthusiastic self starter who has good attention to detail.
- Management of accounts payable cycle
- Monitoring and review of inbound invoices
- Scheduling and managing weekly payment run
- Management of accounts receivable cycle
- Drafting of customer invoices and emails
- Following up outstanding invoices
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Oversight and management of monthly time allocation process
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Maintenance of prepayments and accruals schedules
- Initial drafting of management accounts variance analysis
- General bookkeeping in Xero
- Other finance work and projects
- Aid in management of virtual corporate cards and limits
- Aid in preparation for the annual audit
- Ad hoc project based work
What skills, experience and qualifications we require:
- Proactive and keen to take on responsibility
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Solid understanding of double entry book keeping and P&L/Balance Sheet structure
- Demonstrable mathematical aptitude (A-Level / degree component / otherwise)
- Intermediate level Excel
- Experience of Xero desirable, but not necessary
We are a young, dynamic financial technology company aiming to re-engineer the world of investing to make it clearer, faster and more cost effective for everyone.
At FINBOURNE, we offer a hugely supportive environment to build a career, with continuous learning and development opportunities. We have a collaborative culture of testing and exploring problems together to find the best evidence-based solutions. We respect your independent thought, your intellectual curiosity and your opinion.
For more information about our culture, career development and the benefits we offer our employees, please visit our website: www.finbourne.com.
Life at FINBOURNE
Working at FINBOURNE is fast paced and exciting. The most important qualities we look for are a hunger to learn, passion for quality and a willingness to take the time to collaborate, teach and learn from colleagues.
- During your first three months with us, we encourage you and your manager to agree a 90 day plan to document your training and induction. This will give you clear objectives and ensures you’re provided with support in the areas that you require it the most.
- You’ll also have regular meetings with your manager and should expect to receive regular feedback from them.
- We run daily team stand ups so you’ll quickly get up to speed on what your colleagues are working on and be able to share your accomplishments and challenges with your team.
- We host monthly company-wide meetings where you’ll receive regular business updates and insight into our strategy.
- We host knowledge sharing sessions where employees share best practice and new ways of working. These range from fortnightly Q&A sessions about the finance industry to our weekly code craft club.
- Performance related pay: Financial rewards which can include a direct route to a financial stake in the company via our discretionary Stock Options Scheme
- Pension: We offer a choice of pension schemes with employer contributions
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave: Paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave, which includes 13 weeks full pay for maternity and adoption leave and 6 weeks full pay for paternity leave
- Holiday: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme: Buy a bike and cycling accessories out of your pre-tax salary and spread the cost over 12 months
- Flexible and remote working: We have a mature attitude towards flexible and remote working. Whether you’re a night owl, morning person, parent, carer or simply need flexibility to work a different pattern to the norm, we’re committed to helping you be productive and work in a way that is best for you
- Learning and training: We run regular internal training sessions on a wide variety of topics. These range from fortnightly Q&A sessions on the finance industry to our weekly code craft club. We also encourage employees to tailor their own development by making use of online learning tools and courses to supplement on the job training.
- Mentoring Scheme: we run an internal mentoring scheme to give employees the ability to develop and broaden their knowledge through our employee network.
- Regular company-wide socials: Before lockdown last year, team and company-wide socials happened regularly. These ranged from bowling trips, visits to the science museum, company-wide breakfasts and ski holidays. We hope to resume all of that shortly! Since lockdown we have continued to run social events including online gaming tournaments, quizzes and weekly one to one virtual catch-ups to keep everyone connected!