Location: London, UK
Salary: Competitive, Subject to Experience.
Do you want to build a distributed task engine analysing financial information and trades across time on large portfolios of financial instruments calculating valuation, accounting and risk?
As part of the research team, you will be responsible for building out our new analytics libraries and platform, expanding product coverage and developing a full suite of tools to support efficient pricing, calculation of risk and behaviour analysis for large portfolios of instruments.
This includes working on the orchestration engine coordinating the interaction of bitemporal databases, internal and external pricing libraries sharing a common API, as well as integrating multiple sources of data to provide an aggregated understanding of the portfolio at any point in time to support views on cashflows, risk, performance-over-time and other analysis.
What skills, experience and qualifications we require:
- Masters/PhD in a STEM subject
- 3+ years’ experience working in a role as a quantitative developer
- Excellent C# or C++ experience.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and risk calculation would be valuable, as would experience with AWS and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with risk calculations, modelling and financial terminology and individual asset classes.
- Strong numerical literacy, particularly as regards algorithms, is also desirable.
- During your first three months with us, we encourage you and your manager to agree a 90-day plan to document your training and induction. This will give you clear objectives and ensures you’re provided with support in the areas that you require it the most.
- You’ll also have regular meetings with your manager and should expect to receive regular feedback from them.
- We run daily team standups, so you’ll quickly get up to speed on what your colleagues are working on and be able to share your accomplishments and challenges with your team.
- We host monthly company-wide meetings where you’ll receive regular business updates and insight into our strategy.
- We host knowledge sharing sessions where employees share best practice and new ways of working. These range from fortnightly Q&A sessions about the finance industry to our weekly code craft club.
- Flexible and remote working: We have a mature attitude towards flexible and remote working. Whether you’re a night owl, morning person, parent, carer or simply need flexibility to work a different pattern to the norm, we’re committed to exploring new ways of working
- Pension: A great pension scheme – with a 4% employer contribution
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave: Paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave, which includes 13 weeks full pay for maternity and adoption leave and 6 weeks full pay for paternity leave
- Cycle to work scheme: Buy a bike and cycling accessories, spreading the cost over 12 months tax free.
- Stock options: A direct route to a financial stake in the company via our discretionary Options Scheme
- Holiday: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Learning and training: We run regular internal training sessions on a wide variety of topics
- Volunteering: All staff are encouraged to participate in volunteering activities in the local community
We are a young, dynamic financial technology company aiming to re-engineer the world of investing to make it clearer, faster and more cost effective for everyone.
We are looking for our future architects, engineers and ultimately leaders to join us on this journey.
At FINBOURNE, we offer a hugely supportive environment to build a career, with continuous learning and development opportunities. We have a collaborative culture of testing and exploring problems together to find the best evidence-based solutions. We respect your independent thought, your intellectual curiosity and your opinion.
FINBOURNE Technology is a Skilled Worker sponsor and we can support candidates requiring work permission if appropriate.