User Experience Designer
We are currently looking for an experienced, self-driven UX designer. You will be involved in every step of the design, from initial product ideation and research through to delivery and have a keen eye on improving the online journey for our customers.
Joining our design team, you will be working alongside our UI/UX designers, collaborating with the product managers and the development teams. You will develop new features and help turning our desktop app into an easy-to-use platform for our clients.
- End-to-end design – creating intuitive user journeys from conception, to wireframing, high-fidelity designs and interactive prototypes.
- Create user-friendly experiences from complex requirements and scenarios.
- Devise and generate user journeys from rough sketches through to polished wireframes and prototypes to model the design of digital products.
- Working with product owners and clients to fully understand requirements, utilising appropriate UX research methods to ensure solutions are validated with users.
- Working closely with web developers to ensure designs are both feasible and achievable, advising on design issues and collaborating on ways to improve usability and efficiency.
- Good communication and ability to present and rationalize your work to your peers, stakeholders, and clients.
- Identify improvements to the current journeys, based on data, user interviews, customer feedback, and competitor analysis.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Manage several projects on the go and provide support to the design lead
- Conduct visual and layout adjustments based on user and client feedback
- You are able to work independently when required but are ultimately a team player with a positive attitude and the ability to take on board feedback
Skills, experience, and qualifications we require
- Previous industry experience in UX design, research and testing.
- Proficient in Sketch or Figma and other prototyping / testing tools
- Experience with multi-platform product design.
- Basic understanding and appreciation of digital interface build (HTML/CSS, etc).
- Familiarity and demonstrable experience working with component libraries and brand style guides.
- A can-do attitude with an authentic, enthusiastic, and proactive nature
- Experience working in an agile environment, knowledge of Jira and similar job trafficking systems.
- Ability to work independently with remote teams and co-workers
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Previous experience within Financial Services industry
- Knowledge of Material UI
- Understanding of typography, layout, colour, and grid structures.
We are a young, dynamic financial technology company aiming to re-engineer the world of investing to make it clearer, faster and more cost effective for everyone.
We are looking for our future architects, engineers and ultimately leaders to join us on this journey.
At FINBOURNE, we offer a hugely supportive environment to build a career, with continuous learning and development opportunities. We have a collaborative culture of testing and exploring problems together to find the best evidence-based solutions. We respect your independent thought, your intellectual curiosity and your opinion.